Monday, January 11, 2010

Dragonfly Hill Vineyards


Dragonfly Hill Vineyard is a Vancouver Island vineyard owned and operated by Carol Wallace on Old Saanich Road, and I was given the assignment to shoot the editorial pictures on one of the hottest days of last June.  The  Everything Wine Magazine story by Jason Sych can be found here.  I believe the image below of the new grape cluster made the cover which I really enjoyed as it is not the typical image you might see as the cover of wine mag (I.E. swollen grapes near harvest).




All the outdoor shots were taken at mid to late afternoon at the beginning of June.   To tame the contrast and get some detail in the shadows (I.E. under Carol's very cool sun hat), a collapsible reflector was called to duty.  Luckily there was not much wind that day and I was able to prop it up with my foot, leg, a post, a vine, and of course the editor, Jason Sych.







For the interior shots, I placed a White Lightning X1660 with standard reflector in the middle of the driveway and blasted it through the window you see on the right.   Once inside, I was able to get some interesting reflections off the stainless steel tanks.  A collapsible reflector with the silver side was used opposite the window.





I am particularly impressed by  writers who can look totally at ease while two fisting at work.  Jason, I love working with you!  






1 comments:

Jason January 13, 2010 at 10:11 PM  

The feeling is mutual, my friend...you are an inspiration to work with. And as for the two fisting--that's just the Ukrainian in me...

About This Blog

Adelio Trinidad is a Victoria B.C. based photographer. He typically works on his blog after his children have gone to bed.

Please visit his site: www.adeliotrinidad.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP