Monday, September 20, 2010

Tofino and Shooting with Film


Last month, my family spent five lovely days relaxing in Tofino, BC.  It was a welcomed break from the hustle and bustle of our lives, not to mention the efforts our families made in helping Jasmine and me have the wedding we had always wanted!  

Here are scanned pictures taken with a Mamiya RB67 with expired color film, and Ilford Delta.  I'm sure you've heard it before, but I'll say it again, that there is a quality to film that elude the sensors of digital cameras.  Better or worse, it is there.  And for me, it imparts nostalgia of the time my dad showed me how to use the light meter of his Pentax Spotmatic (seeing that needle bounce between + and - was magic for me).   Some of my earliest pictures featured my brother, Alain, pictured above, hurtling through the air on his BMX.  He was about 6 or 7 years old and utterly fearless.  












0 comments:

About This Blog

Adelio Trinidad is a Victoria B.C. based photographer. He typically works on his blog after his children have gone to bed.

Please visit his site: www.adeliotrinidad.com

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP